Thursday, March 19, 2015

Let's eat...

 When I decided to start the blog, I never had on my mind to do a cooking part. After a long talk and a lot of nudging from my husband and dear friend, they pleaded with me that I needed to share this part of me. It's true I LOVE to cook. It's kinda my stress reliever. Especially deserts! My husband blames me every time he has to go up another pant size. What can I say, it's cheap therapy for me!! So to kick things off, I decided to share one of my favorite go to meals. But the best part is the casserole is weight watchers and oh so yummy...

                                         Mexican Casserole: 

                     1 can fat free cream mushroom soup

                   1 can fat free cream chicken soup



                   1 can black bean or pinto, drained and rinsed



                   1 can Rotel diced tomatoes with chilies



                   1 1/2 cup instant rice



                   1 pkg taco seasoning



                    cilantro and green onions chopped (optional)



                   6 Chicken Breast (boiled and then shredded)



                   1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

                   Mix everything together in a mixing bowl. Coat a 13x9 casserole dish with cooking spray. Pour ingredients into dish, sprinkle with cheese on top and cover with foil. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. 

                    
                                      
                                               My favorite Refried Beans.

                          1 Can of refried beans

                          1/3 cup of sour cream

                          1 tbsp of Valentina hot sauce

                          3/4 cup of grated monterey jack cheese

In a small sauce pan combine the refried beans, sour cream, hot sauce over medium-low heat. Stir constantly and when the beans are heated through (don't bring to boiling) remove from heat and pour into a glass pie pan or 9x9 dish.

Top with grated cheese and heat in the oven or microwave until cheese is melted.



       Add some good homemade salsa and guacamole to the mix.




                                     Mexican Punch:
                            (trust me you'll be hooked)

                            2 pkg cherry Kool-aid
       
                            2 cups of sugar
   
                            2 quarts of water

                            4 tbs of instant tea

                            1 (12oz) can of pineapple juice

                            Mix, refrigerate and enjoy!




                        Now let's enjoy supper on the patio..



       I hope you enjoy this meal just as much as we do and it                   becomes you're family's favorite just like it is ours.

                                           Laurie


No comments:

Post a Comment