Thursday, March 12, 2015

Welcome, Come on in...

Welcome! I'm Laurie and I'm so excited to have you here and to introduce you to The Velvet Boxwood. When I created The Velvet Boxwood, I wanted this to be a place where I share my passion for what I do and love so dearly. So please come on in and stay a while....
From the moment I can remember I have been around flowers. My Mother and Aunt owned a beautiful floral and design store. While I was growing up, I pretty much spent every waking hour there with them and if I wasn't awake, I was asleep in my playroom that they had for me there. Years later we moved and my mom decided to open a garden center. It was simply amazing!! Her business took off the minute it opened and she asked me to join her and I did. However, I knew NOTHING about plants and I murdered every plant and flower I came in contact with(even silk ones). Somewhere in between  being asked if we carried steaks and me sending them to the local butcher (not knowing they meant ground steaks) or assuring one farmer we were going to be carrying beet trees(seriously I knew nothing). Through all my horrible mistakes, my mom still had faith in me and suddenly I started learning......
I found very quickly I loved flowers. So with that we expanded the business and became a full time floral and design store along with the garden. It was amazing!!
As the years passed, our business grew and so did my passion. I started finding out what things made my heart pitter patter and skip a beat. I realized I loved everything about the south. I mean hello I'm southerner for crying out loud, but it was deeper then that. I started realizing how beautiful the lush landscapes were. How much I loved my evenings sipping tea on the front porch and sometimes beating myself crazy because of the mosquitoes(they're the state bird here if you didn't know). In the midst of finding my passion for the south and embracing it, I realized I had an extreme crush on all things European and it grew like wild fire...

        So I decided that I wanted to combine the things I love and share them with you. I hope you join me on this path and we can become friends along the way and who knows maybe even work together...

No comments:

Post a Comment