Saturday, March 14, 2015

Secretes of the Garden...




 The colors of spring emerge with the first sweet sounds of song birds to fill our winter weary souls; bringing hope, new beginnings and inspiration. - Jennifer Rizzo





Spring is in the air...









Flowers are getting ready to show there beauty...









I can remember as a little girl, I just couldn't wait for spring. I literally drove my mother insane on wanting to help with the planting of every flower she had purchased. She would patiently work with me and teach me different techniques. I just wanted to be the first one done planting. I was always racing to the finish line. I mean, didn't you always want to be the worlds fastest planter? Well in my mind, it made the job a little bit more exciting thinking there was a prize at the end of this long dirty work. I can still remember it like it was yesterday. We had this long, long drive way and my mom had beds that ran down one whole side. She had been out there all day weeding, digging, and refreshing soil for her loads of flowers to go in it. It seriously felt like it took her all day to do it. I can remember standing there appreciating her beautiful hard work. Then an idea popped in my little 8 yr old mind. It was brilliant!! I went hard to work and started to create my masterpiece. But in the midst of my creating, I heard "Laurie Alison!" and if you ever hear her say that, I knew I was fixing to be in a heap of trouble. Oh and I was! She rounded the corner like a bull on steroids trapped in luxurious china cabinet ( you got the mental picture, well it was way worst ) and I knew I might be taking my last breathe on this soil or I better run faster then her. See I had went and clipped every head off all 100 or more bedding plants she just planted and was making custom floral halos for all the neighborhood dogs. They were the talk of the neighborhood that day and I was so proud, even though I couldn't sit for a week. I believe that's where my first design job began.

I hope every Saturday you can join me for " Secrets of the Garden". I'll be sharing beautiful landscapes, planting containers, patios and much more....

No comments:

Post a Comment